Monday, 4 August 2014
Tuna salad recipe
One of my favourite meals, all year round, but especially in summer, is tuna salad. I mentioned how much I've been eating it recently in my July favourites post, and by golly I really do love it. It is so simple and quick to make, taking only about fifteen minutes. It's both healthy and filling, and I really love it. I know that there are quite a lot of people who don't like tuna but I'm sure it would work fine if you substituted something else in its place, like small, chopped up chunks of chicken (or maybe even tiny strips of bacon omG (although that would probably take longer to prepare, unless you bought the meat already cooked)).
Ingredients for two people:
> 1/3 an iceberg lettuce
> 1/2 a cucumber
> 2 average sized carrots
> 200g tuna (easiest in can)
> 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
> 1 teaspoon golden syrup
> 1/2 a lemon
> a pinch of salt and pepper
Making the dressing:
1. Juice the lemon
2. Put lemon juice, mayonnaise, golden syrup and salt and pepper into a bowl and stir thoroughly until it becomes a smooth, slightly thick, liquid
1. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, tearing them into small pieces and place in large bowl
2. Cut up cucumber into thin slices and then quarter those slices, placing them into large bowl
3. Peel carrots, cut off ends and grate, also placing them into large bowl
4. Drain the tuna, then using a fork to mash it up (that doesn't sound like the right term at all but I hope you understand lolz), then adding it to the large bowl
5. Add the dressing into the large bowl and mix everything together well
6. (optional) Place salad in fridge for 10-20 minutes to serve cool
That's literally it.
I'm so lazy when it comes to making food, so I find this lil recipe super handy when I really can't be bothered (most of the time). I'm the type of person who eats whilst making food if it's taking too long (oops (no regrets)). But yeah, this takes so little time and tastes sO darn good (if you like fish), so I hope that someone somewhere might like it too :)
Until next time.