I love sad songs way more than it's probably healthy to.
Sad songs, and in particular, sad ballads.
As heartbreaking as the lyrics often are, I find a lot of comfort in them. Maybe it's a reminder that other people get sad too, or some form of emotional outlet. I don't know, but about 80% of the time I think I'd rather listen to sad songs than happier ones. There's usually more meaning encased in them, I think that's what it is. You can tell when the words are personal and you can often empathise with the artist or band. And, I don't know, I think you can learn a lot about yourself in sadder songs. It's difficult to explain, but anyway, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite sad songs, because as miserable as it may sound, I really love them.
I've made a playlist of all the songs for easy listening on youtube which you can watch here if you'd like to.
1. I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick of Time - Bon Iver
2. The Scientist - Coldplay
3. If It Means a Lot to You - A Day To Remember
4. Mayday - The Icarus Account
5. Emotionless - Good Charlotte
6. Exit Wounds - The Script
7. All In My Head - Tori Kelly
8. Autumn Leaves - Ed Sheeran
9. Even Robots Need Blankets - Mayday Parade
10. I Miss You - Blink-182
11. The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore - James Morrison
12. Everybody Knows - John Legend
13. Yesterday - The Beatles
14. Just a Little Bit of Your Heart - Ariana Grande
15. It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday - Boyz II Men
16. With or Without You - U2
17. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day
18. Amnesia - 5 Seconds of Summer
19. You'll Never Know - Lawson
20. What About Today? - Lewis Watson
21. Stuck On You - New Politics
22. One Grain of Sand - Ron Pope
23. Umbrellas Away - Paighton
24. That's the Truth - Mcfly
25. Can't Make This Over - Pixie Lott
26. She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
27. Remembering Sunday - All Time Low
28. Friend of a Friend - Foo Fighters
29. If Everyone Cared - Nickelback
30. The Mess I Made - Parachute
31. How to Save a Life - The Fray
32. I Don't Want To Be Here Anymore - Rise Against
33. All She Wrote - Ross Copperman
34. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
35. Roger Rabbit - Sleeping With Sirens
36. Not About Angels - Birdy
37. I Swear This Time I Mean It - Mayday Parade
38. Don't Walk Away - Sick Puppies
39. Crash - You Me At Six
40. I Should Have Known - Foo Fighters
I didn't mean for there to be this many oops (and there are still so many more hahah).
Hope you like some of these; I'm pretty reliant on them.
Until next time.