Thursday, 30 March 2017
20 things I've learned in 20 years
Haaaaaaappy Spring everyone!!
Approaching my 21st birthday, I've been thinking a lot about what I've learnt in life so far, and thought I might share it with you. It's always ups and downs, but the more used to the downs you get, the better you are at making something positive from them, and I think I'm doing okay at that as far as things go. So here are 20 things I've learned in 20 (or so) years.
1. No one has a clue what they're doing, they're just going along with life as it happens, and that's fine.
2. You don't need to have a distinguished idea of 'who you are'; you're finding out every day.
3. A dog can be the love of your life and no human may ever compare.
4. Your happiness is not reliant on other people; don't ever let them make you think it is.
5. Finding yourself isn't something that just happens, it's a life-long process.
6. The fear of disappointment should never hold you back.
7. Your best is all you can do.
8. Anyone who thinks they can compare your journey to their own knows nothing about life at all.
9. Treat yourself - often and well.
10. Not all of your 'friends' are your friends; only make time for the real ones.
11. The more you read, not only the more you know, but the more you're capable of imagining, which is far more exciting.
12. What happens will happen, but you can help shape the future, little by little.
13. Love is scary and you should be wary of it, no matter how perfect it looks on some people.
14. Live in the moment and take every opportunity to experience life at its fullest (even if you're a meticulous planner like me).
15. You are your own biggest challenge - something I can't stress enough.
16. The feeling you get when you overcome something will change your life and make you appreciate all the efforts you make.
17. Mum will always be the ultimate hero.
18. Life is really tough and it's not getting any easier.
19. The right music will make you feel every emotion as it should be felt; entirely.
20. You are stronger than you'll ever understand or believe. And you got this.
Until next time.